As a skilled leader and interim CEO, Eileen provides a nonprofit organization with the following benefits:
- Objective feedback on what is right and what needs improving. Not being in line for the permanent position gives her the freedom to tell the board what it needs to know, not necessarily what it wants to hear.
- Resolution of problems rooted in the past, allowing new CEO to focus on the future.
- Separation between old and new leadership, resolving existing issues and tensions.
- Creation of a fresh vision through strategic planning and input from stakeholders.
- Reduced pressure to quickly hire a permanent CEO, giving the board time to make a better choice.
- Mentorship of the new CEO, as appropriate, to help ensure a smooth transition.